The bookselling side of Medievalbookshop is now closing for business in order to build up the design & typesetting side. For the time being the book listings will stay online in order to clear stock. The prices shown throughout the site are those charged when Medievalbookshop was actively selling, so please apply the discounts shown below: all remaining stock is included. It is no longer possible to keep the book listings fully updated, so please get in touch to confirm availability and cost before sending your payment: no obligation, and you're welcome to adjust your order before confirming (use the contact links at the top of this page). Unfortunately orders can no longer be accepted from outside Europe.
Use the scroll bars and links at the bottom of the page to browse stock, or the subject index and search box at top to find specific items.
All prices are subject to discount as follows (with apologies for the inconsistency):
- Prices that state 'P&P included' have 30% off. Please note: these prices include postage to a UK address, but European deliveries will be charged extra at cost.
- All other book prices have 50% off. Most of these state the postage cost under the book's price, but if no P&P cost is mentioned, it will be applied at the Post Office's standard rate.
- If your order totals £30.00 or more, the discount increases (yes, even on single items!):
- 50% for 'P&P included' items;
- 60% off for all others, with P&P applied at standard rates
- Trade enquiries are welcome for bulk terms or job‑lot offers. The current stock count is nearly 7,000 items, about two thirds of which have not previously been listed on other sites such as Amazon or ABE. As well as most of the titles listed on this site, there is a non‑medieval academic and general stock available, with titles in most subject areas.
The normal ordering process applies - send an email in the first instance to reserve your book(s) and confirm costs. For full details click here.
Please note: no formal closing date has been set, but no further notice will be given other than that posted here.
Examples - How do I work out the prices?
Prices vary considerably throughout the site, so you're always welcome to make a no‑obligation enquiry if you're not sure - use the contact link at the top of this page. For example, the discount on a single item priced at £5.00 would work out as follows:
- If the price states This item £5.00, P&P inc. within the UK:
The total cost after discount will be £3.50 including postage within the UK, but standard postage rates will be added for delivery outside the UK.
- If the price states This item £5.00 plus P&P £3.00:
The total cost after discount will be £5.50 (£2.50 for the book and £3.00 for P&P within the UK, but standard postage rates will apply to delivery outside the UK).
- If the price states This item £5.00, but it doesn't mention P&P:
The price after discount is £2.50, and P&P will be added at the standard rate. This is usually £3.00 for a standard size book, but mostly less for thinner books. If the discounted price is £10.00 or more and the package weighs under 2kg, then UK postage will usually be included in the price. Standard Post Office rates will apply for all deliveries outside the UK, and also within the UK for packages that weigh over 2kg.
Use these scrollbars to navigate the attic...
Reference books | Reference index | general reference | bibliographies | biographical dictionaries | catalogues: auctions | catalogues: exhibitions | catalogues: museums & collections | chronology & dating | genealogy & heraldry | guides & gazetteers | lexical: concordances, dictionaries, glossaries | maps & atlases | medievalism | name & place-name studies | pass notes & study guides | numismatics
Other stuff | browse by publisher | browse by series | browse by language | gift books | kids' stuff | incomplete sets | shop returns | signed copies | unused bargains | useful non-medieval | new books (with Amazon links)